- Location: Liverpool
- Salary: £32,000 - £40,000 Depending on Experience
- Hours: 45 Hours Per Week
EPIC is a dynamic, expanding hospitality business with operations spanning serviced apartments, apart-hotels, hotels and food and beverage operations. EPIC has a strategic growth plan to continue its expansion into other major cities in the UK, so it’s an exciting time to be joining the team!
We pride ourselves on being privately owned from day one and having a real passion for creating experiences to give their guests that little bit extra, as well as giving back to the team who are part of that culture.
About the Role
EPIC is looking to hire a Financial Controller to work side-by-side with our Finance Director and help us deliver the EPIC experiences we’ve become accustomed to – across all areas of the EPIC family. Your exceptional skills will be required to have day to day financial management for half of Epic Group and work alongside one other financial controller and two accounts assistants.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cash flow forecasting
- Management accounts
- Financial accounts
- Annual and rolling budgets
- Payroll preparation and processing
- VAT, CIS & other HMRC returns
- Upskilling and training our existing team
- Implementing better systems, processes, and controls where you believe we can do better
- Preparing and reviewing account reconciliations
- Supplier relationships and management
- Ad hoc projects required from time to time
- Project forecasting and assessments for new bars, restaurants or hotels that we are looking to build, open or acquire.
- Be a key point of contact for operational management in your areas of Epic Group.
- Will likely include management of finance assistants in the future.
So why work for EPIC?
- A competitive salary – subject to negotiation, dependant on experience. £32k-£40k per annum
- We reward your hard work with EPIC staff trips
- Access to a 24-hour on-site gym
- Free stay with EPIC after 3 months of service
- An additional holiday each year for up to 5 years
- Staff discount at all of our venues
Above all, successful applicants will be expected to be passionate and talented! You must have a passion for your profession, a basic knowledge of hospitality and be a qualified chartered accountant. We’re looking for someone who:
- Has a drive to succeed and progress
- Has potential to grow with the business
- Enjoys responsibility
- Has a curious mind
- Is a critical thinker and problem solver
- Enjoys being around other people and is comfortable working with non finance personnel.